My shopping cart
Your cart is currently empty.Continue Shopping
I never understood why my mom didn’t let us kids wear our shoes in the house.
Turns out that Mom was much smarter than I gave her credit for!
Science is now proving that shoes can be a major contributor to environmental transmission of dangerous germs.
A recent 3 year study by the University of Houston shows that 45% of shoes tested positive for the presence of C.diff (Clostridioides difficile).
C.diff is a type of bacteria that can cause severe diarrhea, nausea, fever, and stomach pain, and colitis. According to cdc.gov, it’s estimated to cause almost half a million infections in the United States each year.
About 1 in 6 patients who get C. diff will get it again in the subsequent 2-8 weeks, and 1 in 11 people over age 65 diagnosed with a healthcare-associated C. diff infection die within one month.
C. diff is not a bacteria to take lightly!
I would suggest that we all take Mom’s advice and take our shoes off at the front door.
To see the full article, click or copy this link into your browser: